Commitment to Child Safety
Scripture Union NT is committed to the highest standard of child safety, and will take all appropriate steps to develop, implement and maintain principles, policies and procedures which ensure children are safe and protected from harm.
SU NT will fulfil all legal and other compliance requirements in relation to child safety and will fulfil all NT standards for child safety for organisations working with children.
SU NT’s commitment to child safety includes taking all such steps as may be necessary to embed a continually improving culture of child safety throughout all levels of the organisation. To this end, we will:
- Help leaders and managers create an organisational culture that protects children from abuse
- Ensure the organisation’s policies and practices reflect a commitment to child safety
- Ensure responsible leaders are aware of allegations and substantiated cases of abuse and responds in ways that protect children from abuse
- Ensure staff and volunteers know and understand the organisation’s commitment to child safety
- Commit to continuous improvement through regular reviews and updating policies and practices, and being open to scrutiny.
SU NT utilises the ChildSafe safety management system to fulfil these commitments. All SU NT staff and volunteers are required to agree to comply with the ChildSafe SP3 Code of Conduct and procedures.
SU NT’s commitment to child safety includes a commitment to the safety of all children and vulnerable people that are in our care.
SU NT has zero tolerance for child abuse, is committed to acting in children’s best interests and keeping them safe. SU NT will not knowingly engage any person as a staff member or volunteer who poses an unacceptable risk in any of these areas.
More information on the ChildSafe SP3 material can be found on the Childsafe website.
Contacting us about any concerns
If you have any concerns about child safety, please speak first to the Program Leader.
If you need to raise any significant concern further, you can contact our Director – firstname.lastname@example.org