Scripture Union Northern Territory is a Christian organisation and approved school chaplaincy provider in the NT. We provide chaplains in numerous schools across the Northern Territory.
School Chaplains provide social, emotional, and spiritual support to school communities. They are in the prevention and support business, helping students find a better way to deal with life’s issues. They provide a listening ear and a caring presence in the school, available for all students, staff, and families.
- Meet the minimum qualification requirements under the NSCP for Chaplains.
- Experience in working with children and families and a strong understanding of the school context
- Excellent people and networking skills
- Well organised, outcome oriented, able to work well in a team and autonomously
- Mature personal faith and values consistent with SU’s ethos
- Current eligibility to work in Australia
To see the Chaplains Role Description, click here
To apply for a Chaplaincy role, please download the form here
More information about the requirements of the NSCP (National Schools Chaplaincy program) is available by clicking on this link here (https://education.nt.gov.au/policies/chaplaincy-services-in-schools )
SU NT is currently seeking to appoint part-time school chaplains in the following areas across the NT.
- Taminmin College
- Leanyer PS
- Araluen CC (Alice Springs)
Positions to commence ASAP.
If you would like to know more about any of the above positions or would like to register your interest for future School Chaplaincy positions, please contact the SUNT Director – Ox Roberts by email (please use the email@example.com email address)
SU Northern Territory is a ChildSafe organisation. All staff and volunteers are required to hold a current Working With Children Check (Ochre Card) and operate under SU NT’s ChildSafe framework. All employees are required to provide SU with a National Police Records Check. Interested applicants will be referenced checked for their suitability for working with children and vulnerable people.