SU Australia is a Christian organisation and approved school chaplaincy provider in the NT. We provide chaplains in numerous schools across the Northern Territory.
School Chaplains provide social, emotional, and spiritual support to school communities. They are in the prevention and support business, helping students find a better way to deal with life’s issues. They provide a listening ear and a caring presence in the school, available for all students, staff, and families.
- Meet the minimum qualification requirements under the NSCP for Chaplains.
- Experience in working with children and families and a strong understanding of the school context
- Excellent people and networking skills
- Well organised, outcome-oriented, able to work well in a team and autonomously
- Mature personal faith and values consistent with SU’s ethos
- Current eligibility to work in Australia
We currently have vacancies at the following schools:
- Girraween PS
- Leanyer PS
To apply for either of both of these roles, please click here
If you would like to know more about School Chaplaincy positions, please contact the NT Regional Manager – Ox Roberts by email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
You also need to be able to agree to abide by SU’s Aims, Beliefs and Working Principles.
Download SU’s Aims, Beliefs & Working Principles
More information about the requirements of the NSCP (National Schools Chaplaincy program) is available by clicking on this link here (https://education.nt.gov.au/policies/chaplaincy-services-in-schools )
SU Australia is a ChildSafe organisation. All staff and volunteers are required to hold a current Working With Children Check (Ochre Card) and operate under SU Australia’s ChildSafe framework. All employees are required to provide SU Australia with a National Police Records Check. Interested applicants will be referenced checked for their suitability for working with children and vulnerable people.